
Last week brought a much-needed reunion with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew, Isaiah James. I can not believe how much Isaiah has grown up in 6 months! He is an incredible human being.
On my first full day in Boulder, we went to the Denver Zoo. Isaiah was preoccupied by his desire to get into the exhibits. "I want to go...IN THERE!" he hollered at each new animal display. Then he wanted to throw rocks in the water of each exhibit. "Throw rocks...IN THERE!" I think the best part of our day was picnicking outside the zoo. Isaiah cracked us all up sporting the white "onesie" and white curls as he ate his lunch (and ours).
Isaiah is an eater. As the picture above portrays, Isaiah wants "two" of anything, be if food, toy cards, or rocks. "Izazah wants TWO..." It is pretty cute to see this double-fisted cherub walking around the house.
IJ loves people to sing and read to him. I think I sang "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" at least 50 times during the week. Isaiah and I also bonded over learning the word "umbilicus" and "bumping" fists after Isaiah went down the pool slide.
Isaiah loves riding his bike, watching extreme sports, and playing with his "Thomas" trains. Nat and Ramin made up a pretty sweet song about all of the trains that my mom confused for the real "Thomas" theme song. I think Nat and Ram should cut an album of all of their homemade songs for Isaiah.
The week in Boulder was so relaxing and encouraging, where IJ and I became real buds. I love this little guy.
Note: The title of this post is named after IJ's favorite song, Tom Petty's "Won't Back Down". It represents Isaiah's strong, persistent personality.

RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
IJ is certainly a cutie, he is blessed to have such a loving uncle. Glad to hear you had such a relaxing visit.
I forgot to tell you, Em gave me the "bump" as she was leaving on Saturday. Must be your legacy...
Glad you had a good visit with IJ. He sounds like a fun little guy!
j...loved reading about your visit! we had such a great time with you. tonight (mom and dad's last night) when they walked in, isaiah said, "uncle jordan?"
Post a Comment