Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Downward-Slanting Palpebral Fissures?



A couple months ago, I was designated the poster child for "downward-slanting palpebral fissures" or basically down-pointing eyes by my genetics professor. She was talking about how to spot halmark features of genetic syndromes. Evidently with downward-slanting palpebral fissures, I could have DiGeorge syndrome, Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome, or Treacher Collins syndrome (though I haven't seen a guy with that one yet)! You can imagine what a compliment this was in front of my entire class! I became "show-and-tell" after lecture, as people came to see what "real-life" downward-slanting palpebral fissures looked like. Now it's become sort of a title for me and my friends brag about my special gift. Who knew a seeming curse could turn into such a positive thing! Let me know if you are ever in town and want a good look at some sweet palpebral fissures...and for the record, I do not have a syndrome.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

... whatever it's meant to be, I hope you've got nothing serious!!

You're still in my "Best Blogs" list btw ... this is a fascinating blog you've got here. Keep up the good work!!

Gledwood
("Gledwood Vol 2")

The Razavi's said...

Cheers to Palpebral Fissures! It feels good to know what they are after disliking them strongly on myself for years. Maybe now that I know that they are actually a medical phenomenon I'll be able to make peace with them.