Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Country: Music That Might Just Change Your Life

Country music offers some of the most refreshing, honest lyrics in the music world. My love for this genre came during college, listening to internet country radio while working on an independent study project. What strange places we discover our loves in! This music reached out and connected with a part of me that no other tunes can. I continue to appreciate the rich stories and life wisdom that country music's artists articulate. In the following weeks, I hope to expose you to some of my favorites. Take a listen - it might just change your life. :)

This tune by Jason Aldean communicates something beautiful about perseverance under trial. I think it strikes me because it reminds me of my grandparents' lives on the farm, marked by sacrifice, faith, and perseverance. A farming family lives in the daily reality of utter dependance on God - for the sun, for the rain, for a harvest, and for compensation. As I journey through a season of my life marked by similar reliance on God where faith and perseverance are constant challenges, this tune inspires me to "take another round". Enjoy...



No comments: