
The old schoolhouse near my grandparents' home at dusk.

Gram and Papa's kitchen bay window, beside which we have enjoyed countless grapefruits and shared so many important memories. Gram's favorite part is definitely watching the birds that flock to the feeders outside "the window".

The front yard at daybreak.

Our hospital parking garage stinks. Many of the spots are really small...

And yet some daring souls make a way (even when their cars are oversized SUV's). I had to climb into my car from the passenger side on this particular night.

I love that Panera has reached out to the elderly male community in Louisville, becoming a regular meeting spot for this particular group. Their size grew from 5 to 15 guys on this evening.

My parents closed our storage unit in Indianapolis and sent me home with a couple of boxes of memorabilia two weeks ago. I am not sure when I made this "black bag" but I thought it was pretty cool.

My new & improved sign on one of my patient rooms at clinic. This was so weird to see for the first time.

The $11 jug? of granola I bought today at a local farmer's market. I think I was so caught up in the earthy, peaceful atmosphere of the market that I temporarily lost all reason by spending this much on 2-pounds of granola. I am sure that it is wonderful, hand-mixed with carefully-chosen rolled oats, walnuts, coconut, vanilla, and fresh honey from combs that this group harvests. Bee's Knees, don't let me down now...

Keepin' that "unbridled spirit" alive down in L-ville!

RSS Feed (xml)
5 comments:
how is the granola? was it worth it?
So I love the Dr. Huskins sign- priceless:)
Meg, the granola is pretty good; I may have to get a part-time job to help pay for this weekly treat.
i love you brother. thanks for the photos of life. you're the man for spending $11 on locally fashioned granola. you're becoming a true louisvillian :)
awesome pics to see :) so good of you to maintain your sense of humour with that oversized SUV - enough to take a photo of it! love the dr. huskins sign too!
Post a Comment