Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Papa B




Many of you have been praying for my "Papa" before and following his surgery last Thursday. He had a perforated ulcer in his small intestine which was repaired; the surgeon also removed his gallbladder because of some evidence of stones. We are so thankful that Papa made it through surgery and is getting his strength back.

I was able to visit my grandparents yesterday and today since I had a couple of days off of work. I definitely saw Papa make a lot of progress (start walking with assistance, eating, become more oriented and lucid), but there is still room for improvement. Pop is very positive and always answers "sure", "I don't see why not", or other chipper responses to the various therapists who ask for his participation in their therapy activities.

His nurses have been excellent, one in particular almost comedic in her tidy, idiosyncratic yet compassionate care for my grandpa (I think Kristin Weig from SNL would have her pegged...).

My family appreciates your continued prayers for Pop as he is discharged from the hospital tomorrow and moves to an extended care facility nearer my grandparents' home, where he can continue vital physical and occupational therapy.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

glad to hear he is on the road to recovery. will continue praying...

Stephanie said...

Glad you got some time to visit with the g'rents, and good to hear Papa is improving!

smchurchie said...

Phew! This is good news :) thanks for the update!

MPFLGF said...

Glad he is hanging in there and that you got to see him. I remember how hard it is to see your grandparents like that. Will keep praying for him;)