
Hi:
~ Sunday: What a great day today. Service at church was excellent today, welcoming home our pastor, Aaron Brockett, from his study leave. He tackled the book of Obadiah. The gestalt of the message was that "relational breakdown with people leads to relational breakdown with God". There was a strong call to love our neighbors and the people in our sphere of influence, recognizing that what we do for the "least of these" we do unto God. I was inspired to keep my eyes open for opportunities to love the people around me - from the man begging at 30th and Meridian to my parents. This evening, I reunited with some highschool friends that were back in town for the weekend. We had a good time reliving and laughing about the old times!
~This morning after first service at Traders Point, an elderly woman approached me and expressed that she had been recently widowed. She thanked me for sharing music this morning and said that she had one request. Fearing that she was going to tell me not to sing any more rock songs or wear jeans on stage again, I braced myself for the worst. "Can I have a hug?" she offered expectantly. Relieved, I gave her a big grandmother-kind-of-goodbye-hug. She just smiled at me and stroked my face over and over with her finger. I felt so loved after talking to this woman - and pretty blessed to be able to grant such an easy request. For all you Beth Moore lovers out there, it "warmed my spirit".
~ Family time - On Friday evening, my Dad and I had a guys' night out, watching the new "Mummy" movie and eating some pizza. It was great to have my dad to myself for some quality time. Saturday night, my family went putt putting ("mini golfing" if you are from the East Coast). We had a blast hanging out, imagining that we were at Hilton Head at their "Pirate's Cove". We were trying to figure out what the connection is with putt putt and pirates. It seems that every course is island or pirate-themed. Any insights? We shared some good eats at B.J.'s afterwards and took a walk around Broadripple when we got back to Lauren and my place.
~ Developmental Pediatrics - I started a new rotation in developmental pediatrics at Riley Children's on Friday. So far, I am really enjoying my patients and the challenge of taking care of complicated children with sometimes difficult social situations. The team is excellent, and I am confident that this will be a great month.
Lo:
~ Fun weekend = Personal Statement is still not finished
~ Despite enjoying the new rotation, I am having some push-back from my body regarding waking up at 5:45 AM again. My body is still on radiology time: struggle out of bed at 9 (maybe), eat some breakfast, and sail down Meridian for my 11 AM lecture. It was nice while it lasted. Back to the grindstone...

RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
Isn't it amazing what a heartfelt hug can do? As you know, I'm a hugger. Sounds like you had great "guy time" with your Dad. Our boys want to take Chuck to see one of those guy films too. I'm holding out for Mama Mia. All the best with your "kiddos" at Riley. I know it will be a challenge but you have the heart for it.
time well spent with family and the perfect hug. (I bet it was even better than the hugs that "Kate" gives out.) What more could you ask for?
I know what you mean about those mornings...I've been waking up at 5:30 for work for the past two years, and my body is still not used to it! I guess I can blame sleeping until 8 or 9 each Saturday and Sunday for that. I hope you adjust soon!
Post a Comment